Friday, July 6, 2007

SOARING TURTLES

Now what in the world are soaring turtles? Turtles don't fly! However, in my world they could, and probably would.

Welcome to my first attempt at creating a blog. I have enjoyed reading blogs created by friends and family, so decided to take a shot at doing one myself.

I hope to share some of my writing, some of my rambling thoughts, and some of my questions about life, faith, and journeying. I hope you will share them with me also. Two of my most special totems are turtles and birds...so why not merge them?

I love the slow deliberate caution of a turtle. I need to slow down my pace and look closely at the earth. The turtle is always at home, wherever he lands. The turtle is an introspective creature.

So, now just imagine that a turtle could fly...where would it go?

I love the freedom of the birds, soaring high above earth and looking down, floating freely through the sky...above the hustle, bustle, cruelty and materialism of humankind. ANd always singing...songs to warn, songs to charm, songs to woo, songs to praise...turtles are quiet, birds sing.

I hope this will be a place to help me grow and where I may help someone else along the way.
Welcome to my world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Always nice to find you are not the only one - Soaring Turtle has been my online name for a few years now. I too turned 60 last year. :)