Friday, July 20, 2007

Strange Calm

Yesterday was a very strange day for me. Started out with a much too enormous bill at the garage just for getting my car serviced. Wasn't even anything wrong with it, just routine maintenance...then I rushed to work for a bit, and then off with the crisis team to respond to a group of teen missionaries who had experienced a violent event. Came home, met with our own teens for our Dragon Boat League... Paddlers for Peace...and then came home to find that the house had been burglarized. Nothing too dramatic, not still sure just what they took...don't know if Bob had money that they found or not...but it was very unsettling.
However, I surprised myself that I held it all together...called the police, dealt with them, called some friends to come help me fix the door, then locked up and went to bed and slept soundly. All of this of course is still while Bob is out of town. What is giving me a sense of satisfaction is that I am not afraid. I wondered how I would feel during the night, but I was fine. I felt normal. Some of my friends were worried about me coming home this afternoon, but I wasn't. I did feel a little apprehension as I turned the corner, but I was fine when I opened the door and came inside. I have had both front and back doors open ever since I got home, and I am not jumpy or anything. Guess I have more courage than I knew I had. That feels good. I am angry that someone violated our home, but at least it was not as bad as it could have been. They didn't damage anything other than the back door window. They didn't ransack or mess things up, just opened drawers and such. I am really grateful that it was not worse.

Bob called a little bit ago, he is waiting for his last flight home. It was so good to hear his voice, even just for those few sentences. I can't wait to see him...and of course, his plane is delayed...I don't want to tell him all the bad news since he left, but I am so eager to see him and hold him and feel his arms around me!

Thank you God for all the blessings you bring!!

3 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Sometimes we suprise ourselves with our abilities to survive frightening circumstances. Glad you stood proud through this, it's good to know that we are stronger than we think we are.

dap said...

whoa glenna - i didn't know about this! guess i should get my updates from your blog! ;-) i'm glad that you were okay, and the house is still standing! good job staying calm!!

JennJoy said...

I am SO proud of you!!!